12.8.10

A Style to Call My Own: Travel

 

As I begin to conclude this series, I want to make sure that this category does not get overlooked, as it is one of the most important. Just to give you a little background…Growing up, my dad would never fly in planes (still hasn’t) and my mom had been the daughter of a Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force as a child and had already done her fair share of traveling and then some, so the only places my family and I ever visited really were the surrounding states here in the southeast. To this day I’ve not been out of the U.S. and I definitely have the “itch”. I’ll never forget the first time I went on a plane- it was with a design class and we went to Chicago. I was 22 and have never in my life been so excited! I must have taken 300 pictures of the clouds and the ground below from my window seat on the way there. I was awe-stricken. The second time was to L.A.- again, hundreds of pictures. I LOVE to fly!! After being to these pretty big cities when I hadn’t ever really left the southeast, I got the “travel bug”. I can remember as a kid thumbing through boxes and boxes of pictures from when my mom’s family traveled around the world and also being fascinated by all the trinkets and what-nots my dad’s mom brought home from her globe-trotting. I just never got to go anywhere myself. My husband’s been several places out of the U.S. and we have big plans to travel all over the freakin’ place! Until then, I thrive off of other people’s photos, souvenirs, and tales of places far, far away. One day I will have a passport with my name on it, and one day I will have one of those suitcases covered in stickers of all the places we’ve been together…

Suitcase-with-travel-stic-002I want to go everywhere! Africa…

south-africa

All over Europe…

0-scotland_master(Scotland)

FRENCH_RIVIERA(French Riviera)

GREECE (Greece)

IRELAND_1217557297BLdB9Sr(Ireland)  

TURKEY_images(Turkey)  

tuscany-wine-region-1(Italy)

typical-spain (Spain)

Vacation-rental-Germany-Baden-wurttemberg-Stuttgart-region-Blaufelden-Ferien-im-Landturm(Germany)

China…

china1-300x225

Japan…

japan1

India…India-sarislotus31   

The Caribbean Islands…Bathsheba-Beach-Barbados-001

 CARIBBEAN

South America…

chile_statues

(Easter Island, off Chile)

 Iguassu%20Falls,%20Brazil

(Iguassu Falls- Brasil)

 p105833-Belize-Mayan_ruins

(Mayan Ruins- Belize)

 SOUTHAMERICA south-america-large

I will be featuring interior design from different countries in the near future, but for now, I’ll show you general ways I would incorporate travel-inspired design…

Globes & maps!…

HEARTFIREATHOME.BLOGSPOT_Globe_Collection_Jaime_Meares_via_dsharp_typepad_com

HEARTFIREATHOME.BLOGSPOT_Steven_Gambrel_Large_Framed_Map HEARTFIREMap_Wallpaper_Just_Kidding_Around

(heartfireathome.blogspot.com- all above)

NIBSBLOG.WORDPRESS.COM_opt-globes-and-maps-collect(nibsblog.wordpress.com)

POLYVORE_PARISimg-thing

Vintage map of Paris

(polyvore) 

Ships, planes, & travel posters…

428982_090413164436_model_ship_1 AIRLINEPOSTERART.COM_airplane01 FLIKR1473135524_ba780f747b GREATMODERNPICTURES.COM_tiF1

Bon voyage, mon ami! 

No comments:

Post a Comment