2.9.10

Inspiration Room to My Room

Part 2 of 3 

**Be sure to see the post located below this to check out my first guest post @ Strictly Simple Style!**

Picture2 These chairs, which belonged to my grandmother, are in storage right now. I have been itching to give them some much-needed TLC. Right now they look like they should be slathered onto a hot dog bun because one is a mustardy yellow, the other a bright red. I really only need one of them in my master bedroom, though…

Picture3 My plan is to cover the back only in a cowhide- if the size is right, I’ll get this rug from World Market and use it- and the rest in either Edelman Cashmere Calf Super White leather or a white denim (depending on budget) and use silver nailhead. The chair has good feminine form, the nailhead is modern and masculine, the white is chic and beautiful, and the cowhide, a little rustic-an altogether sophisticated look, I think. What about you?…

Drapery…

curtainsThe panels on the bottom left I purchased at Target for about $12 for the pair (they’re actually more grey than they appear here, like a dark taupe). I got them because they were on sale (I’m such a girl) and I loved the color. I don’t, however, love the rod pocket- it looks cheap to me (probably because it was)- so I’ve decided to cut the top off and add a border in black dupioni silk all the way around and instead, hang it with rings on a brushed nickel rod from West Elm. I think this is a great way to take something inexpensive and jazz it up a little…

Lighting, art, and accessories…

ltg and access.Shiny, matte, wood, lambs wool- a textural wonderland, my friends. And a sure fire way to create interest and character in a room.

The pyrite (fool’s gold) use to be available at Anthropologie, but can be found other places. Bedside lighting- Ikea’s Antifoni work lamp. A must have- super soft lambs wool rug under the bed- steppin’ on that in the morning would be a great start to any day! The candle holder is from Crate and Barrel. The carved wooden cross is from Tres Amigos World Imports…

artI would love to have this lion photograph blown up and put over my bed (photo via pictures from earth)! The two astrological prints, Scorpio for my hubs and Virgo for me, are to prop on the desks against the wall on either side of the bed. The black snakes are waaay cool, I think- amazing photography by Parisian artist Guido Mocafico via room101cigars. I’ve been wanting to try my hand at painting and might would create a tall piece similar to the one shown (which is actually much shorter- I just stretched it for demonstration). I’d even like to build some sort of hinged “box” that could hide a place to hang all my jewelry behind the art, using the concept below…

DESIGNSPONGEONLINE.COM_katefinalhidden (via designsponge)

As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Make sure to check in tomorrow for Part 3, my favorite- fabrics! I’ll show you how I pull color into a room…

**Be sure to see the post below and check out my first guest post @ Strictly Simple Style!**

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog you have. I'm glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your chair and your art, sounds like it's going to be awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard, Design Esquire & Tammy@InStitches! I'm glad you found me, too! I'm so excited about my chair & art- however there are some other things on the ol' priority list, if you know what I mean. But I guarantee you as soon as I do something, you will know about it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete